Jump to Navigation

Abused Spouses

Abused Spouses

The Violence Against Women Act of 1994 allows abused spouses and children of United States citizens and permanent residents to file petitions for themselves and thereby obtain permanent residence independently of the abusive party. The spouse/child must show that he/she lived with the USC/LPR spouse/parent and was battered or subject to extreme cruelty, and that the marriage was entered into in good faith. An I-360 petition is filed with USCIS to establish eligibility as an abused spouse/child. Upon approval of the petition, the abused spouse/child can file for permanent residence.

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP
17 Battery Place
Suite 1226
New York, NY 10004

Phone : 212-696-2666
Fax: 212-889-5697
Map and Directions