Jump to Navigation

New York City Lawyers for Keeping Your Green Card

Serving Clients in New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut and the U.S.

If you have a green card to live legally in the United States, there are special rules you must follow regarding obtaining an official re-entry permit before leaving the country if you plan an absence of more than one year. If you are a resident of the New York City metro area and are considering returning to your country of origin or visiting a foreign country for pleasure or business, talk to a U.S. immigration and nationality lawyer at Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP, in Manhattan first.

Stay Eligible for U.S. Naturalization — Know Before You Go

Keeping your green card is important to you and your family. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has complicated rules about travel outside of the United States. One slip up on a trip abroad can cause you to lose your eligibility for U.S. naturalization. We will help you plan your time outside of the U.S. to reduce the likelihood of problems upon your return. Being educated about how and where you spend your travel time will have a significant effect on whether you will be able to maintain your current green card status.

Services for Criminal Defense Lawyers — Maintaining Eligibility for Your Client

Our services include advising New York City attorneys who represent green card clients charged with criminal offenses. If you are a criminal defense lawyer, call us to discuss your client's immigration status and circumstances. We will explain how immigration laws impact your client's case and provide a legal opinion on the best plea options to help your client maintain a green card status.

Keeping Your Green Card Status Is Important — Let Us Help

From our offices on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, our New York immigration and nationality lawyers provide legal advice and representation for clients throughout New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and the United States. We also work with clients worldwide who are seeking application assistance through their local consulate. Call us at 212-696-2666 or contact us by e-mail to arrange an initial consultation with one of our New York City attorneys for keeping your green card.

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP
17 Battery Place
Suite 1226
New York, NY 10004

Phone : 212-696-2666
Fax: 212-889-5697
Map and Directions