Jump to Navigation

Fiancé/Fiancée Visas

Manhattan Attorneys Helping People Obtain K-1 Visas

If you are a citizen of the United States and your fiancé or fiancée is a foreign national, you have the right to petition for a K-1 visa. The K-1 visa will give your fiancé or fiancée the right to live in the United States. An immigration lawyer is a vital resource to ensure that your petition is prepared correctly. At Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP, our lawyers guide individuals through the K-1 process. From our office in Manhattan, we serve people throughout the tri-state area and the United States.

In order to obtain a K-1 visa, you and your fiancé or fiancée must comply with a number of legal requirements. In addition to showing that you are a United States citizen, you must be able to prove that:

  • You and your fiancé/fiancée have physically met within the last two years (unless compliance with this rule would violate a cultural practice or in cases of extreme hardship).
  • You and your fiancé/fiancée are legally able to get married.
  • Your fiancé/fiancée does not have a criminal record or violations of United States immigration laws.

Our lawyers will help you prepare and file your Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) with the appropriate USCIS office. Once this petition has been approved, we will help you apply for a K-1 visa.

After You Have Obtained the K-1 Visa

The most important thing to know about a K-1 visa is that once you obtain the K-1 visa, you and your fiancé(e) must get married within 90 days of entering the United States. Once you have completed this requirement, our lawyers can help your spouse adjust his or her status.

Contact the Attorneys of Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP

If your fiancé or fiancée is a foreign national and you want to get married in the United States, you will need a K-1 visa. Our New York City immigration lawyers can help you achieve your goals. Call or e-mail our law firm to set up a consultation to discuss your concerns.

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP
17 Battery Place
Suite 1226
New York, NY 10004

Phone : 212-696-2666
Fax: 212-889-5697
Map and Directions