Jump to Navigation

Adjustment of Status and 245(i)

Immigration Attorneys Serving the Tri-State Area

In certain situations, individuals who are physically present in the United States can obtain a green card and become a permanent resident of the United States. This process is known as adjustment of status. Adjustment of status offers a number of benefits. First, an applicant does not have to leave the United States to apply. Secondly, an applicant can seek a temporary work permit when filing an application.

If you would like to know whether you qualify for adjustment of status, speak with Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP. Attorneys Terry Friedman and Steven Klapisch each offer more than 30 years of experience helping individuals and families in immigration matters.

If you are the spouse or parent of a United States citizen, or if you are a child of a United States citizen and are unmarried and under 21, you may be eligible to apply for adjustment of status. If your employer has filed a visa petition on your behalf, you may be eligible for an adjustment of status. There are other potential grounds for adjustment of status. Our lawyers will help you determine the grounds under which you can apply for adjustment of status and prepare your application and supporting documentation.

Adjustment of Status Through Section 245(i)

Even if you did not maintain continuous lawful status in the United States, you may be eligible for adjustment of status under Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. To obtain adjustment of status under Section 245(i), you must have been physically present in the United States by December 12, 2000, and your employer or a family member must have filed a petition for a visa or a labor certification on or before April 30, 2001.

Contact the Attorneys of Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP

Call or e-mail our New York City adjustment of status attorneys to discuss your needs. Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch is located in Manhattan, and represents clients in all areas of immigration law. Although most of our clients are located in the tri-state area, we are able to represent clients throughout the United States.

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP
17 Battery Place
Suite 1226
New York, NY 10004

Phone : 212-696-2666
Fax: 212-889-5697
Map and Directions