Executive Actions on Immigration
On November 20, 2014, the President announced a series of executive actions to crack down on illegal immigration at the border, prioritize deporting felons not families, and require certain undocumented immigrants to pass a criminal background check and pay taxes in order to temporarily stay in the U.S. without fear of deportation.
These initiatives include:
- Expanding the population eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program to young people who came to this country before turning 16 years old and have been present since January 1, 2010, and extending the period of DACA and work authorization from two years to three years
- Allowing parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who have been in the country since January 1, 2010, to request deferred action and employment authorization for three years, in a new Deferred Action for Parental Accountability program (DAPA), provided they pass required background checks
- Expanding the use of provisional waivers of unlawful presence to include the spouses and sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents and the sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
- Modernizing, improving and clarifying immigrant and nonimmigrant programs to grow our economy and create jobs
- Promoting citizenship education and public awareness for lawful permanent residents and providing an option for naturalization applicants to use credit cards to pay the application fee
Serving Clients in New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut and the U.S.
At Weisberg, Friedman & Klapisch, LLP, our team of U.S. lawyers knows how much is at stake when an individual or family seeks legal help to secure a visa, asylum or effective removal and deportation defense. Our lawyers offer more than 35 years of professional legal experience, dedicated to the field of U.S. immigration and nationality law, including 11 years working with the INS. With an in-depth knowledge of immigration and nationality law, we move your matter through the system as efficiently and as cost-effectively as the process allows.
Legal Immigration and Nationality Law Is Our Only Area of Focus
The immigration process is often time consuming and can be frustrating. In certain instances, it may take years for you or your loved ones to accomplish their goals. Our lawyers understand these realities and will try to expedite the process whenever possible. We are proud of the reputation our law firm has earned among satisfied clients and immigration professionals for providing effective, efficient representation.
"We provide many immigration and nationality legal services for a flat fee. When you sign a retainer with our firm, you will know exactly what services we provide and how much you will pay." Attorney Terry Friedman
From wherever you are in New York, the United States or the world, call us at 212-696-2666, � to discuss your needs in any area of U.S. immigration and nationality law, including:
- Immigration services: We help people successfully apply for the appropriate employment or family visa required for temporary or permanent residency status in the United States. If you already live in the U.S. legally, we can help you keep your green card or pursue your dream of becoming a citizen.
- Removal proceedings: If you or a member of your family is facing removal, talk to us right away. We have a strong record of finding successful strategies for criminal defense and cancellation of removal.
- Political asylum: People facing persecution in another country or who may face persecution upon return to their country of nationality have the option of applying for political asylum. We will make sure your application for asylum meets the various requirements specified by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of State.
- Special cases: We help people who can demonstrate extraordinary ability, work in a specialized field or face particular circumstances under U.S. immigration law, including abused spouses and victims of crime.
Manhattan Family Visa Attorney · Deportation Defense · Consular Processing
From our offices on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, our immigration and nationality lawyers provide legal advice and representation for clients throughout New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and the United States. We also work with clients worldwide who are seeking application assistance through their local consulate.contact us by e-mail to arrange an initial consultation with one of our New York City immigration attorneys today.